AlumniRoundup.com

Work + Life

Free Masters Program at Wake Forest University Receives Poor Response

Wake Forest University has an opportunity for minority students to attend its MBA program for FREE, and so far, the response has been very poor. Please, pass along this opportunity to your friends, families, and networks to see if there is an interest. This is a great school and a tremendous opportunity to attend a top graduate school. See details below.

Message from Derrick S. Boone, Ph.D.:

Greetings, I wanted to let you know about a great opportunity here at Wake Forest where you can get a FREE education and get PAID while you’re doing it. Our Dean of the Schools of Business is the former CEO of PepsiCo and very committed to diversity. He’s gone around to his CEO friends, who have agreed to donate a bunch of money to pay tuition and fees, provide a stipend, and a job, to diverse students. The details are below. The problem is, response to the program has been dismal! As a faculty member, I would be embarrassed for him to have to tell his CEO friends, “thanks so much for your donation, but unfortunately I have to give it back because we couldn’t find Any students who wanted it.” So, I need your help. Please contact me if you, or ANYONE you know is interested in the program. I want to help out as many young scholars as I can. Don’t worry about whether or not you (or they) have taken the GMAT, etc. All you need to do at this point is JUST APPLY.

About the Program: The Master of Art in Management program is designed specifically for liberal arts majors only. The MA degree program is a 10 month intense study of the basic functional areas of Business. After graduation and working for approximately two years, all MA graduates are eligible to apply to Wake Forest as part of the MA/MBA joint degree program and get the MBA in one year. The new Dean, Steve Reinemund, has created a new scholarship for diverse students pursuing the MA degree called the Corporate Fellowship.

The Corporate Fellowship provides full tuition and a $21,000 stipend to cover living expenses. Additionally, each Corporate Fellow will participate in a practicum. The practicum has two components, educational and professional development. Each student will be assigned a mentor that is a high level executive with their sponsor corporation. The mentor will oversee an educational project covering 4 of the functional areas of business using their own corporation as the subject.

The student will visit the corporation 3 – 4 times during the program to present his/her results of their research project. Additionally, the “professional development” component of the fellowship provides career coaching and leadership development for the students.

The goal for the corporation is to be able to groom and hopefully, hire a top candidate from a diverse background for their organization. Of course, there is no obligation that the students accept any offer of employment. Still, the student benefits, even if they are not ultimately hired by their sponsor corporation in that they have the MA degree and the type of experience that will make them more marketable.

Contact:

• Derrick S. Boone, Ph.D.,
    Associate Professor of Marketing
    Room 3139 Worrell Professional Center
    Babcock Graduate School of Management
    Wake Forest University 1834 Wake
    Forest Drive Winston-Salem, NC 27109-8758

• Website: mba.wfu.edu
  • Phone: 336.758.4475
  • Toll-free: 866.925.3622
  • Fax: 336.758.4514

0 Comments

1. mba programOctober 29, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Students should participate in a semester, year or summer abroad program.

• abdullahMarch 1, 2011 at 11:34 am

i am a telecom engineer from Pakistan. I have limited financial resourses for my further education.tell me if i can benefit from scholarship and also send me details for applying.
      I am very much interested to avail this scholarship.

2. KamishaNovember 1, 2009 at 1:57 am

I would have likes to apply for the program, but it is based on age and/or when you graduated, so perhaps the stipulations of the program are why the repsonse has been so low.

3. steve randleNovember 12, 2009 at 8:54 am

How about accepting any graduate instead of being so specific. The program will be “bursting at the seams” with qualified applicants!

4. kirabo comfortMarch 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm

im already enrolled with american intercontinental university.i have finished my first course unit but i can not find tuition for all my next classes .i wold like to use this opportunity what would you advise.
    im an African female came to do my masters but somewhere along the way the finances have become a problem.

5. Hattie BauchspiesMarch 19, 2010 at 9:27 am

Hey, you know what? The theory that IsoftwareTV was just another scam product, was totally wrong! Isoftwaretv really works! From here I can see all kinds of tv-shows, sports, movies, news, etc. There is really a great diversity in types of TV shows to choose from.

6. KennyApril 29, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I will like to be part of the program. I need more information. +2348028218609. Kennyakinyemi@ymail.com. Thanks.

7. KennyApril 29, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I will like to be part of the program. I need more information. +2348028218609. Thanks.

8. KennyApril 29, 2010 at 4:02 pm

9. Alara Kabiru BidemiMay 26, 2010 at 6:11 am

i possessed Postgraduate Diploma (PGD in B2b marketing) but i dont know may the great institute will admit me for their MBA programe. quick response is needed.

10. Prince VictorJune 7, 2010 at 9:34 am

I want to apply but i think it’s for masters in art only. I read computer Science so i dont really know what to do now. You can send me mail @ kentosalive@gmail.com or call me on +2348035745118, +2348029193215

11. Prince VictorJune 7, 2010 at 9:38 am

i cant find the link to apply pls send

12. adu michaelJune 18, 2010 at 6:38 am

please i want to apply, may you please send me the application form. thank you

13. EsnathJuly 15, 2010 at 8:10 am

Hey I’m not an American citizen but I would like to apply, am I legible?

14. Kassahun TameneJuly 20, 2010 at 2:35 am

I am from Africa, pass me how i can have this opportunity

15. Jjean Pierre YOMBIJuly 24, 2010 at 8:25 am

I’m a graduate from Andrews University , Back to Africa ,

please I will like to have this opportunity , to apply for the MBA,

Do tell me how can I apply for this programm

16. My name:Godsent, I stumbled into this site by luck, pls i greatly desire this opportunity. Thanks.July 30, 2010 at 9:42 am

I am very interested in this program.

17. ChevelleJuly 31, 2010 at 9:42 pm

I am very interested in the free MBA program at Wake Forest. What do I need to do to apply?

18. nyarkoh francisSeptember 24, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Please do not let this offer pass by me

19. PetitNovember 19, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I would definitely want to be part to it.

20. Drichi TobiasDecember 16, 2010 at 7:30 am

I happened to get access to this essential and so helping information , I by no doubt realy like to be one of the beneficiary of this programme as am in Africa sending my documents to the university is challenging and application procedure is some complix
    with our context
    In case of any communication kindly copy me on my mail.

21. Humphrey DicksonDecember 18, 2010 at 4:12 am

i have been looking for something like this. please forward me details

22. aliDecember 21, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I would likes to be part of that program.I’m studying public administration and political sciences in Turkey.I’ll graduate this year and I want to join master program.I hope somebody interest with us.

23. Carlos R TeranMay 28, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I am very interested in the Master program you are offering.(Free Masters Program at Wake Forest University). I would like to know more about the requirements, obligations and how to apply. Success in yours activities and we are in contact.
    Best wishes and Thanks
    Carlos

24. NyarikiMay 31, 2011 at 4:16 am

I m searching for a scholarship for a masters degree. Two years not been successful.I have first degree in Economics and Philosophy. Is your course online? Enrol me right away

25. KamJune 12, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Look people, no one from the program is going to contact you about it. Pick up the phone, write an email or letter and contact THEM. American universities are to busy to respond to you individually on a random posting on the internet.

26. Nicole Diana SmithOctober 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I am interesting in applying for your free Masters program. Please contact me with the information on how to do so.

27. kassahun tameneOctober 7, 2011 at 3:58 am

i would definitely want to be part to it.

28. zerihunOctober 17, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I am poor,i don’t have enough money to learn a post graduate program,so how can i get an opportunity.

29. rafaelOctober 25, 2011 at 7:23 pm

ı’m from azerbaijan…ı’m study in Turkey…please help me to use this opportunity…

30. DANISH BIN RAUFNovember 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm

i completed my civil engineering in pakistan and now i am much intrested in this program what can i do to apply this program.